Monday, April 11, 2011

Time for Dessert! Simply Sweet Baked Apples

I think its just habit by now, but after dinner I ALWAYS crave something sweet. I enjoy this recipe because I can prepare it in minutes, have it in the oven while dinner is cooking, and by the time we are done eating, the apples have cooled and are ready to be devoured! Plus, you can make a couple extra for a sweet treat the following day!

Here's what you'll need:
4 Granny Smith Apples
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup gluten free rolled oats
1 teaspoon cinnamon, plus a little to sprinkle!
4 teaspoons butter or margarine

First, preheat your oven to 425 degrees, cut your apples in half and scoop the core out:

Combine brown sugar, rolled oats, and cinnamon in a bowl...

Fill each core with your sugar mixture!

Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, and enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. Those look wonderful Sonny!! I will be trying them soon!

    ReplyDelete